Essentials of 3D Animation & Post-Production
3D asset creation and post-production techniques form the bedrock of any Digital Content Creation project.This course provides essential fundamentals of both disciplines 3D and 2D.
3D Digital creation starts with developing assets that are Topologically clean, Organized and Presentable before they are ready to be passed onto the next stage in the pipeline.
The Asset Creation pipeline will be explored starting with understanding the use of various modelling tools. The model will then move into basic Texturing, Lighting and Animation stage with the aim of presenting the final asset in a way that Communicates its design intent and function.
2D Digital creation starts with understanding still image manipulation fundamentals, moving onto applying similar techniques to the Moving - Image for tasks such as Editing and Compositing.
At the end of the course the student will be well versed in both 3D & 2D aspects of Digital Content Creation thus equipping him with the knowledge and confidence to handle a multitude of tasks required in the industry. This course is a prerequisite for more advanced Game Design, VFX & Compositing electives.
This Class is distributed through 16 weeks and 3 lectures per week of 4 hours Per class.TOP ^
This Class is distributed through 16 weeks and 3 lectures per week of 4 hours Per class.
- Overview of the Postproduction pipeline starting with fundamentals of Image editing.
- Introduction to typical areas of post production that aspiring professionals need to be aware and conversant with.
- Still image editing forms the foundation of digital post production work therefore the focus will be on understanding digital Imaging terminology concluding with layering , transforms and color editing.
- Exploring various techniques and tools of Image editing keeping the final composite in mind.Traditional techniques will be reinforced with an introduction to alternative methods of image extraction and repair.
- Introduction to Principles of Animation
- Techniques of animation via the medium of Traditional Cel-Animation, Stop-Motion animation, Claymation.
- Topics such as Storyboarding, layout, key framing, in- betweening, animating characters with a basic knowledge of timing, spacing, stretch and squash, anticipation, easing in and out, overlapping action, secondary action, exaggeration, walk cycle, facial expression and the lip-sync techniques are explored.
- 3D Asset Creation - Polygon modeling
- Digital creation starts with developing assets that are Topologically clean, Organized and Presentable before they are ready to be passed onto the next stage in the pipeline.
- This part serves as an introduction to the Asset Creation pipeline starting with understanding the use of various modelling tools. It will continue to build on gaining experience with the Poly modelling toolset. Additionally, Spline based modelling techniques such as lathes and rails along with various deformers such as bend and squash will be covered.
- Project 01 : 3D Asset Creation - Polygon modeling
- This week will provide a chance to test your skills in 2d image editing & 3d modeling
- Students are supposed to create a 3d model from given sketches.
- 3D Asset Creation - Shading Essentials
- This class will introduce students to the fundamentals of Shading and Texturing which will help them towards the goal of emulating real world surface properties.
- Elementary Lighting schemes will be introduced to support the Shader creation process.
- The concept of a Camera that behaves like it's physical counterpart will be touched upon.
- In these weeks we will continue to explore Shading with an introduction to Image based texturing, UV mapping and the Unwrapping process. Appropriate UVW Unwrapping of geometry is a critical process for correct lighting and Texturing calculations in Game Engines hence emphasis will be laid on understanding techniques of successful Unwrapping.
- 3D Asset Creation - Lighting Essentials
- These Lectures will focus on understanding different types of lights like omni, spot, directional and area light along with properties of light such as Color, Intensity, Shadows, Decay, sampling, and their importance in creating a desired mood.
- We will dive deeper into the properties of lights with different methods of recreating real world lighting scenarios such as morning , afternoon or night .The concept of creating Mood lighting for storytelling will be explored.
- Post-Production - Fundamentals of Audio & Video Editing
- These Lectures will introduce essential tools and techniques for Editing video. compositing Topics such as keying, masking, tracking, matt extraction will also be covered. Efficient workflow and project organization strategies will be covered so as to present a rough cut in the shortest time possible. Along with essential tools and techniques for Editing Audio.
- Live audio recording is often bereft with unwanted noise known as static or sound elements from other sources like a mobile phone, a car honk etc.
- Introduction to Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Essential tools and techniques for Virtual and Augmented reality will be introduced.
- Topics such as Game Engine technology, Importing assets, manipulating them within the engine and exporting them to VR devices such as Google Cardboard ,Oculus, HTC Vive will be covered.
- Students can opt to work in Solo or Group projects to create an architectural walkthrough or Visualize a product.They can use Virtual or Augmented Reality to present their work to a Jury for evaluation & grading.
- Students will be mentored throughout their project in order to help them achieve the best results possible.
Culture & Place
With the ever-evolving transformation of the media world, arises a host of opportunities for the enterprising individual. At ISDI, we have recognised the oppurtunity that our students can benefit from, and offer you a host of options to study from, under the guidance of the best and brightest in the field. From Visual Effects for Film, Commercials & Post Production for TV to Game Design & Development and Training & Simulation, our students are rigorously trained to match the need of an evolving industry.
Wtih an anticipated boom that can reach upto $150 billion by 2020, our students at ISDI are armed with an education grounded in industry learning that will propel them to the frontier of excellence. So come, explore the options that the world has to offer at ISDI.TOP ^
EMPLOYERS & PARTNERS
ELIGIBILITY FOR SHORT PROGRAM AT ISDI:
Anyone studying in or have completed Class 10.TOP ^
Your application helps us to learn about you. Please complete the form with all your details and the Purpose of Study. Click here to Apply.
You will receive a confirmation email with your application number after you have successfully submitted the online form. If you have not received an acknowledgment within 24 hours, please contact us on the Admissions Line +91 77188 65341 or +91 90043 06222.
Required Application Material to be couriered or hand delivered to ISDI:
- Copies of Mark sheets (Final Year grade if completed)
- Declaration form duly filled which can be downloaded from here or it also will be sent in the mail after completing the application form
- 2 Passport size recent photographs against a plain background (any colour)
- Photocopy of a valid id proof
To secure your seat for the program, you may submit your enrolment fee of Rs. 85,000/- plus service tax. Online Payments can be made through our payment partner Paytm You can log on to- https://paytm.com/education and select New Registration and fill the payment details. Please do mention the Application Form No OR via demand draft in favour of "ISDI" payable at Mumbai
- Enrollment Fee is Non Refundable
- Attendance for all sessions is mandatory to receive certification
- Payment of all fees is through Demand Draft in favour of "ISDI" payable in Mumbai
- The Enrollment Fee is a onetime payment
- Candidate should be sure of taking admissions as the fee is strictly non-refundable after commencement of the course.
- Cost of materials used by students throughout the program are not included in the Enrollment Fee.